Kai Leakes Website

Kai Leakes Website
Click here to visit website

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Happy Sin Eaters Day!

Hello Hello #Teamsineaters/Cursed!

Today is the big day and can you believe the it is finally here? What am I talking about? Well the second release to my Sin Eaters Devotion Book Saga!



Sin Eaters: Retribution - Devotion Book 2 (long title huh? LOL) Is finally here and I am so happy, but also extremely nervous.  Why? Because this is the end, or is it really the beginning to a whole new world order? I don't know yet. I have a lot going on in my mind, but I also know it hinges on what you all think of the work. The good, the bad, the ugly and my favorite area, the in between.

Sin Eaters will always be my favorite and first child birthed into actually being published. With SE1 the words came easily from my dreams, but with SE2 that was a little effort. It started out one way, then I had to go back and rewrite the whole story.

For my #Teamsineaters/Curse, this means that there is a lot of background story and information that was left on the cutting board that I've been sitting on and waiting until the release of SE2. So, if you are familiar with my website, I suggest that you keep an eye out. You never know what gems that I may share.

With that, I was to discuss something major that happened a week or two ago. My #Teamsineaters/Cursed are the best. You all have been paying attention to my site, and on FB and Twitter, and have been contacting me and sharing pictures of where you've seen the books.

Recently, one such picture came my way, tagged to me on FB and it blew me away. #Teamsineater/Cursed fan Kenneth, happened to be visiting the Niagara Falls Comic Con when he snapped an awesome picture with Tony Todd.

Who is Tony Todd? Well the one and only Candyman himself.


He was quoted as saying, "Gotta support characters of color."

The moment I saw that picture, I honestly shed tears and jumped for joy. Then later he followed me on Twitter, everything became surreal. I was and still am so honored, as well as thankful, by this experience. It was not something that I had expected, especially in asking for you fans to share your pictures with me.

As a writer, an emerging one, and still learning one, I never thought my words and the characters in my books would have this impact. I was told it would by my pen-wife (as we jokenly call each other) Nikki-Michelle, that it would be a well loved series, however, it still is something I don't fully accept in my journey. I've seen many comments from readers who did not understand the book, or wasn't sure what genre it was, or assumed that it would be scary to read and not want to give it a chance. It's worried me. Stressed me. Gave me tears, but through it all. I have stuck with this process and am still elated and feeling blessed by it all.

I love my #Teamsineaters/Cursed! Thank you all. You all are the best, especially when you all share your stories with me. Let's keep this growing and I hope to meet you all in person, to even see some of you dress up like the characters or create your own Nephilim, or Cursed character. It's all love.


July 10th, 2014 I will be in Atlanta at Nubian Bookstore at 3:00 pm until 6 pm. Located: 1540 Southlake Parkway, Suite 7A, Morrow, Georgia 30260  
I hope to see you all there and who knows, it may be other areas in Atlanta, that I am willing to make an appearance while visiting 'Hotlanta'.

Well this ends this session with you all. Until then, keep an eye out for the New World Order, and always remember, When the Light and Dark are at war, sometimes the Grey can only be your salvation.

~Kai Leakes
Website - FB - Tumblr - Twitter

Sin Eaters: Devotion Book One:

Amazon: http://goo.gl/xrSEkn
Barnes & Noble: http://goo.gl/K9OvLg
Walmart.

Sin Eaters 2: Retribution:

Amazon: http://goo.gl/YtqkOu
Barnes & Noble: http://goo.gl/MEKt6H

Available at all retail stores and online markets!

No comments:

Post a Comment